To satisfy the needs of our ever increasing client base we are currently seeking
enthusiastic, self motivated individuals for the following position:
Imas Aquatic Services are a small but forward thinking business. We have been established for nearly twelve years. Our strengths as a business have been developed over time by the want to do the right job and by never taking a "that'll do attitude". With this approach the scope of works within which we operate has grown, we are now able to carry out jobs of any size (pretty much).
This position is available at a time when the business is to become more structured and expand in an increasingly busy market place. The following role will be filled by someone with enthusiasm and the want to achieve. Your influences will not only impact on the day to day operations but the way the business pushes forward.
The successful candidate will be expected to work through a probationary period, throughout this time, you will be expected to show you can provide exemplary customer service, carry out tasks to time and with care. As well as demonstrate the necessary skills that allow our clients to really enjoy their ponds.
Beyond the probationary period you will be expected to encourage further growth within the business and develop your skills in line with this. As well as your salary, additional benefits will be available; these will be negotiated after the probation period and will be made directly in line with
If you are interested in this position please read on. I must however stress that I have been consistent with my descriptions and specific with my requirements. I would be grateful therefore if you would read the description fully and only apply if you meet the set criteria.
Required for April 2012, end date 1st March 2012
What you need:
- A good working knowledge of ponds and water features, coupled to an understanding of associated electrical and plumbing techniques, coupled to the necessary skills.
- A full and clean (ish) driving licence.
- Some experience is necessary, but a good foundation coupled to the right attitude and ability to perform well practically is paramount. Necessary training will be given to the right candidate.
- Must be reliable and able to self motivate, to work efficiently in an organised manner to complete tasks on time and to the highest standards. You will be expected to work alone for extended periods.
- A flexible approach to work, there will be the necessity to work late sometimes and some Saturdays. There will also be at times that requires for you to assist other parts of the business.
- You must be customer focused and courteous, communicate clearly and always look to exceed the client's expectations.
- Undertake necessary paperwork fully, efficiently and to time.
What would be beneficial
- Knowledge of fish behaviour and health.
- Experience of pond construction and re-furbishment.
- Experience of aquarium maintenance.
- Other associated landscaping construction skills/ experience.
What you do
Carry out pond maintenance. This will include servicing pumps and filtration equipment of all types, removing sediment by hoover or by hand, tending to aquatic and garden plants, testing pond water and providing results, cleaning of featured areas and being able to overview the ponds performance and communicate clearly to the client. Administer chemical treatments.
Carry out pond repair/refurbishment. You will respond to call outs and diagnose problems with pumps, filtration equipment and the associated plumbing etc. Carry out repairs, advice client of existing problem and install equipment as necessary. Handle live stock confidently and with the
necessary understanding and care.
As well as that
You are expected to take an active role in the development of the business and your career. You will need to forward think and get excited by the prospect of doing a good job, be motivated by being part of a business that has obvious potential, and be hungry enough to want the rewards that are bought through this.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience.
If you are interested in this position please respond in writing with a current CV and references, along with salary expectations, either by post or by email to:
Mr Ian Menzies
Imas Aquatic & Garden Services
Please send all email enquires to email@example.com